Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Injury-Free Ski Adventure is a Good Ski Adventure



So I haven't posted in almost a week because... we were on vacation! It was me, Mr. Terrific, and the Terrific Family, and we went skiing. At this point, I should note that the same group went on a similar vacation last year, and I took a snowboarding lesson that proved to be the ultimate example of my coordination failures. I had a nice time, but I spent 2 hours on the slopes, at most. This year, in contrast, I made the very wise decision to ditch the snowboarding concept and take a ski lesson instead.

You know what? It wasn't horrible! I only fell twice over the course of the two days we had lift tickets. And, most surprising of all, I spent most of my descents with my skis relatively parallel to one another: no excessive snowplowing to slow myself down! Granted, I wasn't blazing down the trails at breakneck speed, but I was staying in (relative) control by skiing across the mountain like you're supposed to. I even rode the chair lift *by myself* without forgetting to lift the safety bar before attempting to disembark (can't you just picture it?) -- hurrah!

And as a bonus, we had only the best spring weather for the whole trip. As you can see, it was very sunny:

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! I bet if you skied more than two days a year, you'd be an expert in no-time! You give yourself too little credit on the athletic front! ;-)

craftosaurus said...

Maybe you're right, and I should give myself more credit... but trust me, the snowboarding was bad. Baaaaad. I had reason to prepare myself for a lower level of success. :)