Wednesday, February 10, 2010

At last, a photo



Pretty, huh? (And yes, I know, the photo is tiny. That's what I get for trying to figure out how to get my phone to talk to my computer when I should be heading out the door for work. Well, I tried.) They're the snowshoes I bought over the weekend. I'm excited to use them, but right now we're seeing uncharacteristically large expanses of grass, and snowshoeing will have to wait. This might be the first time all year that I'm disappointed to hear we'll only be getting a dusting of snow when the next storm hits us. Mind you, I still don't want to shovel our driveway or careen down slippery roads, but wandering around some snow-covered forest-y or meadow-y areas would be fun.

So, skier friends, for the timebeing, I'm with you. Bring on the blizzards!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I was going to buy snowshoes this year, but since they're currently shipping in snow to one of my local mountains (http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100206/bc_olympics_cypress_cancelled_100205/20100206?hub=BritishColumbia), it hasn't seemed worth it. I hope you get just enough snow to get out and have some fun on them!

craftosaurus said...

Yeah, I figure that if nothing else, at least I'll be excited for the first snowfall next winter!