Mr. Terrific and I have been spreading ourselves too thin for a few weeks now. I don't want to sound all uber-cool and popular and overly social, because goodness knows we really aren't. There have been weeks (that I pine for wistfully, now) where we've had no places to be or invitations from fun people to hang out and talk about interesting stuff. But that social pendulum has swung to the other side of the spectrum -- as it is known to do, that sneaky social pendulum -- and we've found ourselves exclaiming over the opportunity to have dinner together(!) at home(!) for the first time in at least a week(!) and so forth.
Aside from the fact that it's frustrating not having regular boring dinners together because, well, we just enjoy conversing with each other, all this running around and socializing and over-scheduling has left my immune system in the lurch. I'm not totally out of commission, but my throat hurts and my muscles are achey and I've used enough tissues to very clearly get the point that, hey, I need to slow down already.
Ok. I get it.
In other news, yes, I've been posting boring old text and no photos, and I need to change it up a little once in a while. I know. There's no knitting to show (have I mentioned, maybe once or seven times, that I'm working on a super-secret project? :)), but I'll try to think of something.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment