I don't have any finished items to show you (like I said, the last thing I completed is a gift, so can't be blogged about yet), but I do have projects to tell you about.
I'm knitting a long sleeved version of Picovoli, in Patons Grace (100% cotton), in black. Yes, I've already done this. I made the mistake, though, of knitting the picot facing on the same size needle as the body of the sweater, and because that issue presents itself at the beginning and end of the pattern, ripping out a small portion wouldn't fix it. Complete re-knit, it is. One project, of course, not being sufficient at any one time, I've also cast on for the Waist-Cincher Top by Joan McGowan-Michael, in a cotton/angora blend.
Also on the theoretical horizon are hats and scarves and mittens (mittens! I'm going to learn how to knit mittens!) to get ready for upcoming frigid temperatures. Bring it on, winter!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love to knit mittens! They are an awesome filler project when you just don't want to face the sweater on the needles.
Yeah, I need to get used to the idea of knitting not-sweaters. It's nice to have projects finished super quickly, I'll say that!
Post a Comment