Friday, October 23, 2009

Closing! Finally!



It's a big day around here. In about 6 hours, I'll be signing legal documents to sell my house once and for all. The Awesome Fiance and I will have an appropriate combined number of mortagages -- one -- for our household. My bank account will have a respectable(ish) amount of liquidated equity deposited into it.

I'm trying to avoid focusing on the fact that I'll be losing the opportunity to be reminded of happy memories by turning a doorknob or washing a countertop -- though of course in any collection of memories, there are less than pleasant ones as well, so I'm glad to leave those behind. Most important in the silver lining category (well, other than financially) is how happy I am to hand over my house keys to the buyer, a single 20-something woman who's excited to make this, her first house, her own. I had so much fun going through that process with this house, and I hope she does too.

Goodbye, First House. *air kisses*

4 comments:

L said...

We all have to move on from our first place at some time. Just think of all the new happy memories you'll have with Capt Wonderful in your new place.

craftosaurus said...

Indeed! Our (his) house has felt more like home for a while now. I picked a good first house, but I'm glad to be where I am now, instead.

piecemeal people said...

What a cute little house! Where is it?

craftosaurus said...

Thanks! It's in SoPo, between the high school and the Vet's Bridge. And I'm no longer making mortgage payments on it -- huzzah! :)