I love autumn for lots of reasons, but the one I'm most acutely aware of right now is the fact that it brings fantastic running weather. This week, we're supposed to see temperatures in the upper 40s, and I adore running outside in those conditions.
Except... that thing I mentioned before about how my knee was hurting? Well, it still hurts. And it hurt noticeably more the last time I tried to soldier on, ignore the achiness, and put in a couple of miles. I'm going to give swimming a shot with a friend of mine who insists that it'll be fun. I've gotten used to bringing a book to pass the time while biking to nowhere (oddly, the angry music doesn't help me too much when I'm pedaling). And I might finally get around to checking out yoga. It's not the same though. None of it. I'm still kind of amazed (after, what, eight years?) that I'm a person who'd be jonesing for running in its absence, but yep, I am.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Do you have a pool? You can run in water. It's the next best high without the pressure on your knee.
No joke.
Kelly
http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com
Nope, I don't have a pool (you must be in a warm climate!), but I'm planning to go to *a* pool later this week to swim laps. Odds of me swimming about three lengths of the pool, getting frustrated, and switching to water running: very high. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post a Comment