Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend Highlights

This past weekend's been all about celebrating the nation's birthday with good company, good food and drink, and good weather (hooray), and a few small victories.

Small Victory 1: five ripened and edible raspberries on the sickly looking transplanted canes we were given last month. The trip from Vermont and the subsequent drenching with rain for the better part of June hasn't killed them, apparently. Woot woot.

Small Victory 2: the ability to ride a bike (as in bicycle, not motorcycle, gah!) approximately five feet in a row with my feet on both pedals. My first bike-riding lesson (no, I don't know how. yes, I'm thirty. shut up.) lasted about twenty minutes and consisted mostly of me hemming and hawing and trying to keep from going too fast whilst keeping my feet near the ground to serve as training wheels. Mr. Terrific assured me I did an excellent job, because he is wonderful and supportive and a very good white liar. Excellent isn't really the most accurate term, but I will say I'm happy to've avoided tumbling onto the ground at any point.

Small Victory 3: I learned that I'm not atrociously horrible at golf. Well, at the driving range, anyway. When I'm able to make contact with the ball, it travels in a straight line like it's supposed to. No major hooking or slicing!

Small Victory 4: progress on the out-of-season sweater.

By the looks of the blog lately, I certainly owe you all some photos. Soon. Not today, but soon, I'll put an end to the boring paragraphs of text as far as the eye can see. Unfinished knits or plants in the garden: neither option is super exciting, I suppose, but it's something. Soon.

No comments: