Ok, so it really hasn't been an exceptionally long time since I've written, but it feels that way. Part of it might be that I've been thinking of particular topics I'd like to cover -- I was all geared up to write an examination of Sarah Palin's resignation comments, which now feels irrelevant thanks to the nature of the modern news cycle -- but life has gotten in the way.
By way of saying enough to acknowledge the situation at hand, but not so much as to violate the privacy of those around me, I'll simply say that there was a tragic, untimely death in the Awesome Fiance's family. The world lost a wonderfully open, joyous person. I'm sad for me, for everyone involved, and really I'm also sad for those who never had the good fortune to meet her.
Inching down the continuum of events from the difficult to the mundane, the Awesome Fiance went under the knife last week. Day surgery, with general anesthesia. He's fine, all of his internal organs are happy again, and he's impatient to be a fully functioning and productive member of the household, as I knew he would be.
I hope you'll understand, then, when I tell you you'll just have to wait for "Things I Must Remember When Planting Next Year's Garden," or "I've Been Knitting, Really I Have, But I Don't Have Pictures," or "The Cure For Running Ennui: Possible Looming Injury." Soon, my dears. Soon.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment