Seriously. How can I acquire some additional time in the day, time in the week, and so forth? Surely not by sleeping less, because, hello, not sleeping enough/well has not been, shall we say, effective in making me happy and productive. There's been lots of harumph-ing of late. And muttering. And wishing I could take a nap. That sort of thing.
But! After the next two work days, there's the long holiday weekend, like a gloriously comforting light at the end of a tired and grumpy tunnel. [And no, I don't care that tunnels themselves can be neither tired nor grumpy. I like my sentence and I'm keeping it. Harumph.]
I've got three, count 'em, three Thanksgiving dinners to go to in the span of about 36 hours. I won't be travelling anywhere over a half hour away, so I'll (thankfully) be able to fit in a few trips to the gym as well. In the meantime, I need to figure out what contributions are in order for each of the gatherings, and what items, specifically, will fit the bill.
On the knitting front, I bit the bullet and finally revamped the neckline of my Hourglass Sweater. Now the raglan neckline is an appropriate width, rather than threatening to fall off my shoulders if I sneeze. I took the path of least resistance, working the re-knit sections in the round even though the sweater was originally knit in pieces and seamed. I suppose I should have taken out the seams, re-knit each section, and seamed everything up again, but I'm lazy. And the sweater doesn't look good enough on me to make me think I'll wear it anywhere remotely important, so it's ok if it looks a little wonky around the neckline.
I've been plugging along on Thermal, too. Good lord, that's a slow sweater. Fingering weight yarn, tiny needles, and waffle stitch. Yeah. I'm knitting it bottom-up, in the round, and I'm almost ready to divide for the armholes... or rather, more accurately, trying to be patient and not divide just yet because I frequently make my sweater torsos too short out of impatience, and this one here is a prime candidate for that particular affliction.
As much as my opinion on Thermal is essentially "man, this is going to be a great sweater, but I just want to be DONE with it, already!" I still managed to tear myself away from it and put in a few rows of work on one of my new designs under cloak of mystery. Which, no, is not a cloak.
Annnnd, despite having two sweaters on the needles and a relatively lengthy mental list of people I'd love to give knitted gifts to in theory (depending on a whole bunch of factors), my attention has been pulled in the direction of a new sweater pattern that looks simple, very wearable, and -bonus!- quick to knit. Seriously, how cute is that? The examples up on ravelry all look lovely as well. Yet another sweater I want to knit RightNow!
Sigh. I really need to find a time store.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Um that new sweater pattern is gorgeous! I am currently obsessed with all shirts cowl-necked. It's almost pretty enough to make me spend a bunch of cash on wool and pull out the needles again.
Just want to make sure you've read this book, by the way: http://www.fridaynightknittingclub.com/
I finished it last month. The lead character reminds me of you somehow (probably just the fierce independence and all the creative knitwear design) ;-).
:) Fierce independence and creative knitwear design, that's me!
I haven't read that book, but I'll put it on my list, for sure.
Post a Comment