Monday, November 10, 2008

weekend highlights

This weekend was a whirlwind, lemme tell ya. Or, I should say, I had things to do this weekend, and as a result am tired now, because I am apparently old. With a side of insomnia. Anyway.

I got a haircut. Nothing fancy or different from what I've done in the past, but much needed. In a couple weeks it'll be perfect and I'll wish I could make my hair stop growing at will. No pictures right now, but if I can finish up knitting the lace cardigan (ooh, haven't heard about that one in a while, have ya?) before my hair grows back to the length it was anyway, I'll try to get a decent shot of the cardigan and the haircut together. Two birds, one stone.

I tried to buy shoes for Awesome Friend's wedding (I triiiied, I really did!), but the store I was sure would carry them... didn't. Le sigh.

At the other end of the footwear spectrum, I wore my beyond-broken-in pair of sneakers to tromp through some mud and go urban hiking. No, really, there's hiking within the boundaries of my (very small) city. I know, it's just barely a city. But still, it's really cool: there are acres and acres of marshes and wooded trails (and a waterfall!) a stone's through from residential streets and a shopping center or five. And you'd never know it when you're in either setting. My (mini-)city rocks.

A fair amount of time was spent taking a putty knike to old wallpaper and a rake to old leaves. Thankfully, a fair amount of time was also spent eating delicious food and laughing with lovely people.

Oh my gosh, and I re-watched one of my favorite movies ever. Crash. It won the Oscar for Best Picture for a reason, folks. So good. So.so.so.so.good. I'd already seen it, so I already knew what happened, and the two best scenes were still amazingly powerful. Tears rolling down my face kind of powerful (and I don't cry at movies, like, ever). If you haven't seen it yet (why the heck not, I ask you?), get your hands on a copy posthaste!

No comments: