So I finished the lace cardigan yesterday! And by finished, I mean finished. I've woven in the ends and blocked it and everything. I'll take a picture soon, although I'm not sure how flattering the garment itself will ever be, as it has a distinct lack of waist shaping.
I also planted those pesky tulip bulbs, finally. A row of taller white ones behind a row of shorter red ones, along the front of the house, on either side of the porch. They should, I'm hoping, go well with the yellow house and white trim, and with the orange day lilies that are already there. With the hostas gone, the only thing throwing a wrench in the color scheme is the bluey-purpley iris, but I like irises too much to get rid of it, and I'm too lazy (right now) to transplant it elsewhere.
Oh, right, and I also have two potted peonies that need to go somewhere, in the hopes they'll survive for next year. I think they're some sort of miracle variety, because I didn't get around to addressing the issue last fall (they're pink, and I don't know where to put pink things in my yard yet), but somehow they still managed to create new growth this past summer. I think the early snow we had last fall/winter provided some extra insulation for them. That, or they're just miraculously indestructible plants.
Anyway, I didn't - and won't - take pictures of the newly planted tulip bulbs because the visual right now is just a bunch of tamped-down dirt. Boring. Kinda like this post.
And as a quick final note, I've signed myself up for a 5k next year. Yes, this is the same 5k I signed up for last year and bailed on (I forget whether it was due to an injury or just plain low motivation and lack of training...), though at least my registration fee went to a good cause. This time, though, I'm determined to follow through. I. will. get. back. into. running. I will I will I will I will.
Yes.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment