Hello, lovelies! My weekend was so mile-a-minute hectic that I've just now decompressed enough to be able to post about it.
I got a haircut on Saturday. Nothing major, just a trim, but now I'm in that horrible phase where you need to let everything settle down again before a good hair day is even remotely possible. My bangs have been doing this weird flattened thing, though I suspect it may have more to do with the humidity than with the haircut.
Had a chance to (briefly) see one of my law school friends as she was passing through town. She and her dog, who is remarkably well-mannered, stopped by my house for a little bit; Moxie the Cat made herself scarce almost immediately, and was nervously sniffing around the living room for a solid hour after they left.
The rest of the day on Saturday involved me juggling brunch with the Crafto-Dad, a trip to the gym, scoping out the Greek festival (big tent + food + recorded music = festival, I guess), hitting the locally-owned coffee shop chain (chains are ok when they're owned locally, see? :)) for a cup of chai, and baking lemon squares. I'd really hoped to be able to fit a nap in there somewhere, but it was not to be. Instead, I got my tired self ready and headed over to LB's house for a fun - and oh mah goodness, was it interesting - party. Got my second wind somewhere along the way, because I realized as I was leaving that I'd made it to the wee hours of the morn.
Sunday, truth be told, was really only hectic because I slept super late (see above, re: being tired but staying up way past my bedtime) and had to compress the day into far fewer hours than I'd've had otherwise. Finally got up, ran to the grocery store for ingredients, ran home to make potato salad to bring to The Big Noodle's cookout. Discovered that, sadly, low fat mayo is perhaps not the best choice for potato salad. Learn from my mistake, people! Just splurge on the full fat stuff.
Anyway, the pathetic potato salad and I drove to "the country" for the cookout; had a terrific time (though I suppose I can't speak for the potato salad in that regard). Failed to disprove the theory that this area is one big small town, and that in any given group of people, you WILL know someone through someone else.
Got home, went out for a beer, managed to get back to my car about two seconds before it started pouring (yes, again!), drove home, fell asleep nearly immediately.
The observant among you will note that nowhere in the above narrative did I mention mowing the lawn. The hay field surrounding my house remains intact. I'm sure you all were wondering anxiously about that. :)
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment