Friday, July 11, 2008

Moebius, Of Course

Right, so I mentioned I had no knitting projects on the needles. I'm committed to reducing my stash yarn this year, but at the same time don't have a lot of summery yarn that's calling out to me with inspiration, so I cast on yesterday for Thermal. That's right, people. I cast on for a waffle-knit, longsleeved pullover in 100% wool on a hazy, hot, and humid day in July.

Further evincing my brilliance, I knit about three rows and realized I was the proud new owner of a moebius strip. *grumble, mutter, wipe sweat from brow, grumble, grumble* Moebius strips are the bane of my crafty existence, so I always knit back and forth for at least two rows before joining, in order to see more clearly whether all of my stitches are facing in the same direction. Here, though, it was no use. Le sigh.

Other highlights from the week have included unsuccessful attempts (yes, plural) to unclog the drain in my bathtub, as well as a battle to remove my washing machine's agitator (in the hopes of cleaning the lint filter). The latter caused an injury and was, of course, unsuccessful as well.

No comments: