Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paragraphs, Shmaragraphs!

- Still working on the ambitious knitting project that I can't blog about.

- In the interim, have also cast on for Interweave's Frock Camisole. I'm using a silk/cotton blend reclaimed (read: unraveled) from a store-bought sweater; am hoping it knits up all soft and drapey like I'm envisioning. Also, modifying the heck out of the pattern, as always.

- Harvested and ate beets from the garden over the weekend. Yum.

- Noticed this morning that there are three (three!) respectable green peppers in the container garden (where "respectable" = bigger than a golf ball).

- Have learned that I must must must use tomato cages next year.

- Lawn is mowed, yard furniture is set up, umbrella spoke still needs to be splinted. Need to address that so I can really use and appreciate the yard again, especially for those rare days when it's cool, breezy, and rain-free outside in the evening and my house is still warm from the afternoon.

No comments: