Monday, June 2, 2008

The Last Two Weeks: A Photo Journal

Let's break up all this text of late with some pictures, eh?



Knitting-wise, I finished Lilian (in the orange) and started Blush (in the blue). I impatiently wanted to be done with Lilian, so I knit the top portion a tad bit too short. It fits in the sense that I can wear it (arms fit through the holes, etc.), but it doesn't look very good. I'm going to try blocking it to see if that helps, but since it's acrylic yarn it may not accomplish much. The bamboo blend I'm using for Blush, however, is fantastic. Sport-weight yarn on size 3 needles = boring stockinette, but pretty stockinette.

And I have gardening pictures, too!



In the container, that's butternut squash. I'm not sure if the container's big enough, but we'll see. And the two rows of peas I planted pre-frost are taking off, thankfully. Probably my favorite from-the-garden vegetable, so they'd better keep doing well.

Hmm. Based on this post, I look like quite possibly the most boring person on the planet. Knitting, gardending, knitting, gardening. Don't worry, I went to a party and danced my heart out over the weekend; I just don't have any pictures to post in the photo journal. But there was dancing. And I now know that I love the song "Spitfire" by Prodigy. Love.

No comments: