Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here I Am

Oh, what a neglectful blogger I've been. T'sk, t'sk at myself.

I finished knitting that sleeveless top, Blush, in bamboo yarn. It's soft and cute... and clings to every imperfection of my torso. If I get my tookus in gear and actually go to the gym regularly ever again, it'll probably be one of my favorite shirts. Partially because I might lose a couple pounds. Partially because I might get less squishy in the torso region. Partially because when I'm active I'm less likely to give a flying fig whether my torso looks the way (other people think) it "should."

Anyway, here it is on a hanger:



I'm also working dutifully on Buttony, the pink variegated cotton cardigan I posted about previously. I tried to find something else to cast on so I could procrastinate, I really did, but I couldn't find anything in the stash that lent itself to a new project appropriate for summer. (I've got a bunch of fine gauge wool lined up for Thermal from Knitty, as well as some dk weight wool that's destined for this cardigan I found on Ravelry that intrigues me, but they're both longsleeved and, ya know, wool.) The Giant Tupperware Bin of Stash Yarn was only offering up a bulky mohair that was given to me and a bunch of skeins of bulky white cotton ribbon yarn (whyyyy did I buy that stuff?), and since I've been on this kick lately where I don't like any patterns at a gauge larger than 5 stitches per inch, I'm stuck with Buttony for a while longer.

Oh, also: Attic Renovation 2008 is thoroughly, officially, 100% complete. Pictures in a photoset here, but here's one representative shot:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the rug in your new bedroom. Where did you get it?

craftosaurus said...

Thanks! The rug is from Marshall's, which i've found is sort of hit or miss. But a pretty rug for a hundred bucks? Hit!