Friday, June 6, 2008

Blast!

... as in "confound it!" No explosions around here, thankfully.

So I'm sitting here, and I have this sudden but very accute realization that I reallllly reallllly want to bake a batch of my grandmother's Best Ever Homemade Bread (my name for it. she was far too humble to've called it that.) in the near future. But. I'm at work. And then after I get out of work, I won't have enough time to bake bread before I go out dancing (squee!), and the weekend is out because it's supposed to be the first hot and humid stretch of weather for the season. Ain't no way I'm turning the oven on if it's 85 degrees out.

Sigh. No fresh-baked, empty-calorie, white-bread goodness drool-inducing awesomeness for me.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lucky you. It's 96 here!

craftosaurus said...

Ok, ok, I don't think it's hit 90 here... but do I get extra points for having mowed the lawn at 2:00 in the afternoon? :)