Friday, June 6, 2008

Dancin' Fool*

One of my oldest and dearest friends, The Big Noodle (that's right. she's got some spunk, yo. you'd love her. :)), made it her goal a few years back to go out dancing every week for a year. Even if she didn't think she felt like it. Even if she didn't have anyone to go with. I don't know for sure whether she hit every single week, but I do know I've heard her say that it was the best year of her life (up to that point, at least), so in that respect she was successful.

I'm not ambitious enough to make the same pledge for myself, but I do love me some dancing, and I've got The Big Noodle to thank for it. I did, after all, tag along on some of those weekly adventures in the Year of Dancing, and I learned how to have FUN on a dance floor, with or without alcohol, and to stop caring so much what a bunch of strangers might think of my sense of rhythm.

So while I've not committed myself to my own Year of Dancing, I was pleased to look at my calendar just now and realize that the past three weekends have involved varying amounts, but at least a little bit, of busting a move. Annnnd, I get to go rock out with some friends tonight, too. Four weeks in a row: it's the Month of Dancing. And it rules.


*Referring to myself there, not The Big Noodle. She can call herself a fool if she wants to, but that's up to her. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's a brilliant idea! I am such a self-conscious dancer. There should be a 40FEST dance party and I will bust a move with you :)

craftosaurus said...

Oh, we will totally rock out!

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous! I wish there were more (read: ANY) places to go down here. I do lurve me some dancin'.