I finally got around to doing a second round of planting to replace the seeds and seedlings that didn't fare so well in the frosts we had at the beginning of May. There's a big container with melon seedlings, a medium container with butternut squash seedlings (no idea if the it'll be spacious enough for that, oh well!), a big-ish container with leeks, and two medium containers with one bell pepper seedling each. There's also a windowbox in which I planted onion seeds, a container with edamame seeds (that are rather ancient and may never germinate), and I planted a row of beans in the garden proper, where whatever I'd planted - no I didn't map it out, was I supposed to? :) - didn't take off.
I have some leftover melon seedlings, a couple of leftover leek seedlings, and a bunch of leftover seeds that I can't possibly find room for. If any local readers can use them (or not-local readers who could use seeds)), drop me a note and let me know!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No mention of the cantaloupe seedlings you wanted. Did you look at Home Depot, Lowes or even Walmart? There is a farm stand that sells seedlings on Rte 77 just past Cape Elizabeth High School. He has amazing variety at CHEAP prices. Check it out!
Thanks anonymous! (And I'm curious, are you someone I know, just without a blogspot ID?)
I didn't have my heart set on cantaloupe, so I ended up getting honeydew seedlings instead (hence the leftovers). Good to know about that farm stand for the future, though. :)
Post a Comment