Oh lordy, time to take stock of the weekend and see how I did with the things I wanted to accomplish. Here we go....
Things that have to (or really really really should) get done:
- Finish Curtains of Doom (I found my sewing machine - yay - and sewed one set of curtains, but the room has two windows...) Um. Yeah. Didn't do this.
- Replace closet door handles, using the vintage electric drill that came with the house Nope, not this one either. Was going to, then realized the cord on the drill was too short to reach from the outlet, and I couldn't find an extension cord. Got distracted by something else whilst looking for it.
- Take and post pictures of the completed attic space Wow. Third item on the list, and we still haven't gotten to something I actually did. Hmmm.
- Sand, prime, and paint the front porch steps (Should this really need to be done every year or two? I can't recall ever seeing paint flake off a surface so quickly. Thoughts on how to avoid having this happen again are surely welcome.) OK! I very nearly finished this! Did the primer, did the white paint on all the horizontal surfaces. Still need to paint the vertical surfaces yellow.
- Weed the vegetable garden; re-plant the seeds that didn't make it through those ridiculously late frosts; acquire large containers for that which won't fit in the garden proper Sigh. I weeded the garden, but didn't get around to the planting.
- Weed the crazy-overgrown side bed next to the house, then plant mustard greens there (for lead removal) I *started* this, but hoo boy is it a long process. Super-Invasive Wild Rose Bush is feisty, I tells ya!
- Move garden furniture, remove rocks and sticks from yard, then mow I finished this one! Hooray!
- Channel my inner MacGyver and fashion a splint for the one broken spoke on my patio umbrella Annnd, back to the failure column...
- Use up languishing produce in the form of soup; general cleaning of fridge Nope.
- Dishes (argh) Yes! Another item I can cross off the list!
- Sort through closet and ruthlessly set aside items to get rid of. Found a measley two things to toss, though I didn't actually go through that much stuff...
- Go to the gym (twice minimum) Went running once. Also did quite a bit of yard work, so I'd say it almost counts.
- Make side dish or similar to contribute to holiday weekend cookouts Yup! Done! And it was a hit!
Bonus points for the following: Got around to none of these! Not a one!
- Trip to the mall (ugh) to see if a certain fancy soap store has a certain nearly-discontinued fragrance of shampoo and conditioner (mmm... orange ginger...)
- Trip to farmers' market to replenish produce supply (see above)
- Take and post pictures of sweaters that were knit ages ago and never given a proper photo shoot, the poor things
- Address stack of clothes to be mended/re-hemmed
- Pilates
- Turn house upside down in search of (1) MP3 player, (2) gym membership receipt, so I can apply for reimbursement through my insurance
- Turn house right side up again
I did, however, go to my (one year late) ten year high school reunion. I'd been sort of apprehensive about going, what with the potential involved for reverting to wallflower status. But I managed to keep that potential at bay for the most part, and I had a terrific time. Terrific!
AND, I just learned that I don't need to find my gym membership receipt, because I can just go in and ask for a printout of my payment history! Whooo! That makes my life so much easier. And it makes me happy that I didn't waste any of my weekend searching for the receipt. And it gives me added motivation to go to the gym tomorrow before work. And and and and and. :)
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment