Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Um, nevermind...

Right, so my Leaf Sweater Knockoff idea is going to the back burner indefinitely. The leaf instructions I found are kinda wonky, and after twenty rows and not seeing leaves where I thought I should see leaves, I decided it isn't worth the effort right now. I did find more yarn for Lillian, though, and I'm probably a few days away from finishing it up. Then I can either muster up all my motivation and go back to Buttony, or I can find a new project to cast on. Gee, I bet nobody can guess how this one'll go...

Big news of the week is that I bought a lawnmower: an electric mower with a cord that makes it look like I'm vacuuming the yard. I got about half of the yard mowed, and will do the rest after I've had a chance to move my yard furniture out of the way, and when it isn't raining, I'm not at work, and it's light outside. So, probably Saturday. The whole weekend is supposed to be nice, actually, so it'll be great if I can mow on Saturday and actually use the yard after that.

Other big news of the week: I baked. Using a recipe. That I didn't healthify. This is exceedingly rare for me. First, I don't bake very often; I much prefer cooking. With soup or chicken-and-stuff or whatever, you don't have to measure or otherwise get things just right in order to have the result turn out ok. When I do acutally break out the measuring spoons and bake something, I almost always feel compelled to use whole wheat flour or replace the oil with applesauce and that sort of thing. But ya can't really do that with lemon squares (well, if you want them to taste remotely good, anyways), and that's what I made. Lemon squares with sugar and butter and eggs, both the whites and the yolks. I should've taken a picture...

The Curtains of Doom still aren't done. Sigh and a half. Today or tomorrow, I *will* go on a sewing machine hunt in my basement. If I still can't find it, I'll use a needle and thread. Hmm. And while I'm at it, I also need to go on an MP3 player hunt. I find my MP3 player, I find my running motivation. Lately I've been going to the gym and ellipticalling for x amount of time (where x = [time left before I have to be at work] - [time I need to shower, get dressed and dry my hair] - 10) then hopping on the treadmill and running a mile in that ten minutes I saved for myself. (Please don't scoff, I typically do eleven minute miles...) So, yeah, it's not like I haven't been running at alllll, but I'd really rather get back to not having to use the elliptical machine as a motivational tool/bargaining chip. And if I can get myself to a point where I can run three miles all at once in under thirty minutes, I'll be one happy girl.

No comments: