I've been forced to acquire a new level of tolerance for typographical errors by virtue of the surroundings at my workplace. I spend much of my day reading emails full of misspellings, instant messages with an alarming consonant-to-vowel ratio, and printed materials serving as cautionary tales on why spellcheck alone can't save you from yourself. Careless errors -- particularly in venues where carelessness should not be present -- still irk me, and I've likely bored my coworkers on more than one occasion by sharing an exceptionally humorous (to me) typo, but for the most part I've realized that I kind of have to let it go.
What I saw this evening after I left work, though, was more than my little grammarian brain could handle. I stopped at a gas station, pulled up to one of the pumps, and approached the automated screen.
It asked if I wanted to use a "fule rewards card."
Seriously.

3 comments:
Ha! I saw that when I gassed up at your place! I made the same comment to Jen. That one tickled me.
:) Tickled, infuriated: same thing, right?
... Or is the infuriated thing just me?
I can't explain why, but I filed that spelling mistake under the "Charming" category.
Post a Comment