Saturday, October 23, 2010

Proud of Me

Let me just throw this out there: I've been hitting it out of the park lately at work.  Putting in a lot of time and effort, pointing out problems, suggesting solutions.  For the most part, it's been recognized and acknowledged.

That's not what I'm really posting about, though.  I'm proud of myself for *not* working right now.  Instead of caving to pressure and hints of guilt-trip attempts to make me forfeit my weekend to make up for time lost by others, I stood up for myself.  At the same time, I stood up for the fact that my happiness and my marriage are just as important and deserving of my energy as my workplace is.

I'm proud I'd me, and I'm having a great weekend.

2 comments:

L said...

Go you! I'm proud of you too! Work should come second to life and happiness, in my opinion.

craftosaurus said...

In mine too! Thanks, L!