Saturday, October 2, 2010

Iceland Intermission: Finished Sweaters

You wouldn't know it from my posts lately, but yes, I'm still knitting. Knitting up a storm, in fact, and I've got two finished sweaters to show for it. There's the sweater that I procrastiknit-ed when I didn't want to tackle the wedding planning task of the day (the purple one) and the sweater knit nearly entirely in- or travelling-to-and-from-Iceland (the green one).


Ok! First up, the honeymoon sweater:
Trina, designed by hilary Smith Callis over at The Yarniad. Ravelry page is over here.



And the "Ack! Don't make me think about how many chairs we'll need!" sweater:

Tailored Cardigan, designed by... some nameless person over at Garn Studio, I suppose. Ravelry page thisaway. This might actually be my favorite handknit item ever, even though it doesn't have the intended buttons because I... forgot to knit button holes. Yes, really.







Next up: Pamela Wynne's February Lady Sweater. After this, I really need to stop with the cardigans.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oooohhh!!! These sweaters are so lovely!! I especially like the green one. The look fabulous on you!

craftosaurus said...

Why thank you!

Our Little Beehive said...

Love the green one. Love the color, love the buttons, love the style!

Pink Lemonade said...

Wow, this sweater fits you so well!

Have you ever added buttons in after the fact? Elizabeth Zimmermann has instructions for after-thought buttonholes in Knitting Without Tears (maybe elsewhere), they turn out remarkably well. That way I find I can place the buttons exactly right, rather than guessing while knitting the garment up. And make the size of the buttonhole appropriate, in case I change my mind on which buttons to use!

craftosaurus said...

PL, thanks! I haven't seen that, but I'm guessing it involves steeking on a very small scale? Intriguing.

Bee, thank you! It's super fun to wear when one is feeling retro-chic. Should look into acquiring a pillbox hat...