Monday, May 11, 2009

Evaporation: I Miss It

Let me first state that I'm very thankful I'm not dealing with the shoveling of snow and the scraping of frost on cars right now. Things could be worse. Still, though, I will proceed to complain.

We're in a rainy stretch. Or, to be more precise, a threatening-to-be-rainy stretch. For weeks and weeks now (well, it feels like it, anyway) we've had some precipitation at least every 36 hours or so. We've had brief sunny breaks, but they're difficult to enjoy thoroughly with more rain looming in the forecast.

More annoying than having to bring the hammock inside each day or having to put off mowing the lawn is the fact that the house has felt damp. Bath towels? Damp. Hand-wash sweaters on a drying rack? Damp for days on end. I'm not usually the sort of person who needs lots of sunshine, from a cheerfulness perspective, and in fact I quite like rain in moderation, but some evaporation would be really nice about now.

A check of the forecast tells me there might be some evaporation on Wednesday, before more rain on Thursday. Sigh.

No comments: