Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Updates by Category

KNITTING
I'm about halfway through Surface at this point. I knit the back and fronts of the body as one piece (no side seams!) and that part is finished. The sleeves, knit from the fun, textured cuffs up to the caps, are about a third done. Enter a lot of rows of stockinette in my future.






GARDENING
Still wistful and hopeful for warmer temperatures and visible soil around the corner (ha). My Favorite Man recently received a Home Despot gift certificate, which we've decided to allocate toward the building materials needed to assemble raised beds. Must research. The seeds I planted a week-ish ago have done zilch in the germination department; I think it's almost time to give up the ghost and admit that they've aged out. Updated shopping list: building materials for raised beds, seeds.


FITNESS
Road race this weekend. Between now and then I need to create a super-duper up-tempo playlist for myself to make sure I've got constant motivation in my ears for the numerous points at which I'm likely to want to slow down and/or start walking.

The following weekend, I'll actually be learning how to snowboard. That phrasing might be a bit ambitious, to be fair. I'll be on a snowboard, and I'll take a snowboard lesson, but whether I'll actually learn *how* to snowboard is still up in the air. Either way, I expect to use my get-up-from-having-fallen muscles quite a bit.

No comments: