Here she is perched on the couch, which she's determined to be her favorite place in the new digs. She just made the trek here from my old house last night, and after a couple hours of tentative exploring and general slinking-around, she seems to be realizing that everything really is ok, and that we won't be subjecting her to any more carrier confinement in the near future. That, and I think she's still coming to terms with the Furnace Monster that she thinks is lurking in the basement.
Overall, though, yay, she's settling in well, and her arrival makes the Moving In process official. I still need to sort and move a lot of tangibles that are still over at the other house, but with Moxie here now, there's no affirmative need for me to stop by every day for food/water/litterbox/attention purposes.
On the knitting front, I'm about halfway through Surface in a white wool blend. By the end of the day, I'm likely to be done with the body, and will have the sleeves, collar, and button band left to go.
Also on the schedule for today, I'm hoping to go running outside. It's supposed to be reasonably comfortable (just under 40 F - not warm by any stretch, but not painful, particularly once the cardio gets going), and I need to get myself used to running outside before that race I've got coming up. My concern, though, is that I've been all sneezy and eye-itchy and miserable this morning. At 7:30 this morning, I was fine. By 9:00, I was a sniffly, blubbering mess. I've got my fingers crossed that whatever it is that's attacking my sinuses is indoors, and that running outside will actually make me feel better. In the meantime, though, it makes it difficult to find the motivation to actually GO running. Sigh.

2 comments:
Yay! Congratulations!
It seems like just yesterday that you were wondering where in the hell your person was at... Now look at you!
I know! Wheeee! :D
Post a Comment