Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Challenge

I sewed the sleeves and body of Surface together yesterday evening and tried on the result to see if I could proceed without utterly wasting my time. Best Boyfriend Ever was impressed with the progress (though, honestly, I could show him a tangled mess of yarn with three sleeves and no neckhole, and he'd still be my biggest cheerleader), and then, unwittingly, he issued a challenge I fear I'm powerless to ignore.

"Do you think you'll finish it in time to wear it this weekend?"

A finished Surface would be perfect for this weekend. We're going on a mini vacation with his family, and there'll be a need for cute, I'm-making-an-effort-to-look-put-together (but not dressy) attire. I hadn't even thought of bringing Surface, except for a vague likelihood that I'd bring it to work on. In his nonchalance, though, Best Boyfriend Ever made me realize that I could absolutely get it finished and blocked in time. And now I must try.

Sigh. Sorry, walls I need to get painted. As it turns out, I probably won't have time for you this week, after all. Catch ya next week...

No comments: