Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It isn't piping season.

Today is The Awesome Husband's birthday (hooray! three cheers! confetti and noisemakers!), and this is his cake.  Per his request, it's a banana cake with chocolate frosting.

You'll note that I took the swirled-with-the-back-of-a-spoon approach to the frosting.  I have the knowledge and supplies to do decorative piped frosting around the edges, but I simply didn't have TIME for that.  Christmas card, shopping, and decorating season isn't piping season.  I-have-a-cold season isn't really piping season either.

I'll just have to hold out hope that it's really, really delicious.

5 comments:

Kate Not Katy said...

Happy b'day to the Awesome Husband! I think we determined last year that this is Awesome Man Day, as it's my dad's b'day too. :)

craftosaurus said...

Yes, we did! Happy birthday to your dad as well7

Bread and Circuses said...

Thank you! That cake is going to taste so good! Mmmmmmm bananas and chocolate!

Lance said...

Happy Birthday

that cake looks killer, I want two of them

Hope you showed him a great day

craftosaurus said...

Yeah, the cake was actually sort of dense, more like a pound cake, but apparently that's his preference for cake anyway.

The BIG hit, though, was the encyclopedia of beer I gave him: The Oxford Companion to Beer. The reaction was priceless. None of his Christmas gifts will even compare (should've thought it through before I set the bar so high ;)).