Tuesday, December 6, 2011

almost festive

Wow. So I've noticed over the past couple weeks just how much the summer's harvests and garden pictures had to do with keeping this blog remotely interesting.  Apparently I'm quite boring (or, I suppose one could say, especially boring) in the fall. 

There are no fresh tomatoes or raspberries to use up this week, and no cheerful flowers to show you.  On the other hand, I'm starting to get more into the holiday spirit this week. I take my sweet time with these things; you can't force it. Well, you can, but in my experience that never ends well.

I've found a few gifts for people that I think will bring joy. That always helps me find The Festive.  We watched the Rudolph claymation (feltmation?) special when it was on TV. Later this week I think I'll go for broke and bake some cookies.

It might even be time for some carols. Soon.

2 comments:

kelly@tearinguphouses said...

yeah, giving and gifting always makes me feel more festive. (a good dose of rudolph goes a long way, too...)

i think i'll bake cookies for the neighbors this week.

craftosaurus said...

By the way, I made a batch of these and they were a hit: http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/12/nutmeg-maple-butter-cookies/