Monday, December 19, 2011
gift exchange, interwebz style
How fabulous is the internet? I mean, really, the amount of available information and opinions and perspectives is kind of amazing. You can stay in contact with friends who've moved to a far-flung time zone or have conversations with people you've never met. If you're SUPER lucky, you might also get to participate in a gift exchange with a group of awesome peeps from around the world who you know through Twitter and their respective blogs.
And yes, you guessed it, I'm super lucky.
So I knit up these cozies for the lovely Zan using some of the yarn that I bought in Iceland last year. I have a sweater knit from the same yarn, and it's toasty, lemme tell ya. Hopefully the same is true when it's in hat and mitten form.
Annnnnd, what I didn't realize while I was knittin' along was that I'd been assigned as a giftee to dday (of Tumbledown Mountain fame. where "fame" is used loosely.) First I got a card from her indicating that my gift was en route and would arrive separately due to shipping constraints. Curiouser and curiouser I was, until this awesomeness (also pictured above) arrived in my mailbox:
How rad is that?! Not only does it have a picture of a craftosaurus on it -- and what else would a craftosaurus look like? -- it also excels at holding spiked, mulled hot cider. In case you were wondering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment