Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Finished sweater. Bad picture.

It shows the color very well, at least.

This is Kristin Hanley Cardozo's Maude Louise pattern, followed relatively closely... though I did omit a section of seed stitch on the shoulders.  If I had it to knit again (and I suppose I could, but I won't), I'd work the ribbing along the bottom edge with smaller needles, because the bottom isn't as fitted as it should be.  A-line in a sweater is less flattering than it is in a skirt.  I might add some elastic, or I might just wear this one primarily around the house.  It's very cozy and our house is generally on the cold side, so that works.

I can't decide what to make next, which is probably a good thing right now.  If you see me knitting before the end of the year, take the needles out of my hands and give me a taping knife, a sanding sponge, or a paint brush, depending on the day.  I'm hoping we get to the paint brushes soon.

4 comments:

Andria Crowjoy said...

Amazing! And look how long your hair is!!

craftosaurus said...

Yeah, I need to figure out what to do with my hair. Shrug my shoulders and stick with the status quo is the current front-runner.

Amazing about the sweater? Really? I should post a picture of the detailing around the waist and on the sleeves, and really knock you off yer chair...

Anonymous said...

Yes! Post more pictures of the sweater! Your post prompted me to look it up on ravelry because it might be exactly the thing to knit with some yarn I have been trying to match to a pattern. I want to see yours!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

HOW DO YOU KNIT SO FAST?! I'm still working on the scarf I told you about last year.

Anyway. It's lovely. Make the husband photograph it so we can see your mug, though!

Kelly