Friday, September 18, 2009

List-Fest

Flowers I *think* we might be able to grow on our property that would be blooming, in light pink, at the right time to be able to use them for our wedding (how cool would that be?)
- chrysanthemums (the big, showy kind)
- phlox
- dahlias
- zinnias
- cosmos (if they're available in true-pink, as opposed to lavender-pink. must research.)
- dianthus
- begonias (LOVE them, but suspect they're not good as cut flowers)

Possible knitting projects to cast on for this weekend, in light of the fact that I'm pretty sure the scarf I mentioned has defeated me for now
- Hew (good opportunity to use up yarn remnants from a previous project)
- Trina (could actually be season-appropriate when it's done)
- Owls ('cause it's just plain cute)

Dinner ideas for the upcoming week
- Greek turkey burgers with black bean salad and sweet potato fries
- Martini Chicken
- Homemade butternut squash ravioli (well, everything here would be homemade, but I mean, seriously, the real deal, homemade pasta)
- Pesto Pasta
- Leek and Mushroom Quiche (I won't even bother linking to a recipe, because I won't follow it anyway)

What am I missing, in any of these categories?

2 comments:

L said...

If you grew your begonias in pots, you could use them as centerpieces. You could even use free pots from old plants or throwaways from nurseries, and then place them in a nicer pot at wedding time.

I like the owls sweater. And all your food ideas.

craftosaurus said...

Good point on the begonias. If we end up doing floral decor that's not bouquets, they'll be a front runner.

Stupid "spring," taking so many of the good flower options! Early September is so much more of a challenge.