It's been another great weekend in Craftosaurusville. My, what a boring blog this has become: "we did this fun thing, then went to this fun place, and blah, blah, blah." I suppose it's better than being boring and pessimistic, no?
Anyway, this weekend's adventure was kayaking. Wait, did I forget to tell you? Yeah, we got a kayak. A 19 foot tandem kayak with lots of storage space (all the better for storing camping gear, one of these days). We didn't camp this weekend, just paddled around a lake for a couple hours. Thankfully, there were no spills into the drink (inanimate objects or ourselves). Thanks to some... shall we say "zealous" jetski and motorboat enthusiasts creating sizeable wakes, we had a chance to practing riding out a bit of choppy water, which will come in handy when we graduate to ocean kayaking. (The vessel's designed for it, but out abilities, as yet, are not.)
I'll tell ya one thing, though, this kayak is heavy. And carrying half of it at your side (rather than up close to your torso) is tough, to say nothing of lifting it over your head and onto the top of a car. Well, it's tough for me, anyway. I looked up the specs, and apparently it weighs in at 88 pounds (sans paddles and nalgene bottles inside). My arms are not designed to lift 22 pounds each -- half the kayak, using both arms -- over my head. Yet, anyway. By the end of the summer, I'll be pretty darn strong. That, or injured.
The other news of the day is that I'm officially selling my old house (*single tear*). It's adorable, it's charming, it's updated, it's easy to heat, and it's got a great yard on a quiet street. If you happen to know anyone looking for 862 fantastic square feet of house just outside the largest city in the northernmost New England state, please have them visit southportlandbungalow.blogspot.com for more information, lots of photos, and an address by which to contact me for further details. Go interweb networking, go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't tease me with the selling of the house. You know I want to move to Maine.
:) If it helps, the house is way too small for a family of four. I would be HAPPY to sell it to you, of course, but I don't think you'd be happy with life as a bunch of sardines...
I'll still totally encourage a move to Maine, though! :-P
Post a Comment