Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garden Update: Surprise Addition

Yes, I'm in New England and I'm blogging about the rainy weather we've had. I'm ever so original, aren't I?

I can at least offer some evidence of just how relentless the wet weather's been this week. I don't have pictures, but hopefully you'll take my word for it when I say that we now have a bumper crop of itty bitty mushrooms. Volunteer mushrooms, to be sure. I'm hoping they won't be detrimental to the veggies that we've planted on purpose, because it's supposed to be gloomy and dreary for another solid week.

I was pleased to see, though, that four out of six tomato plants are substantially bigger than they were several days ago. Whether it's a matter of them thriving during monsoon season or simply that by not obsessively checking the garden every six hours, any progress appears magnified, I'll take it.

No comments: