Friday, June 26, 2009

Anti-procrastination, for a change of pace

I've said it before, but this time I mean it (maybe): I'm knitting a sweater of my own design right now, and I'm planning to write up a pattern for publication or mass distribution when I'm done. Like, a formal pattern with different sizes and everything. Wish me luck.

To be fair, I have plenty of time. The project in question is a long sleeved cardigan in a wool/mohair blend. Not really usable for a few months, at least. It'll probably be another couple weeks of knitting, then however long it takes to turn that into a pattern. Hmm. I've never done that before, so really have no idea how long it'll take. Less than a few months, I'd hope!

If I can tackle the patternifying like I've been approaching wedding planning (which is to say, in a manner entirely out of character for me), I'll be all set. Who on earth would have the venue, food, dress, and bridesmaid dresses all figured out more than fourteen months in advance, with a pretty good (and hopeful) idea for photography? We do, apparently. Yes, we're ridiulous. We know.

No comments: