Thursday, January 29, 2009

Various and Sundry for Thursday

1. I've made some more progress on Thermal. One sleeve is knit to the separation for the sleeve cap shaping; I stopped at that point to get the second sleeve to the same length before knitting said shaping. This is the first project for which I've ever used two circular needles to knit in the round, and I love-love-love it. When patterns call for sleeves knit in the round, I've always just knit them flat because of my utter and severe distaste for double-pointed needles, and it's taken me until now to bite the bullet and learn the two-circs technique. So glad I did, as I also have a healthy distaste for seaming.



2. It snowed again. For some reason, this is shaping up to be the winter of ridiculous snowstorms. Last year, there were a lot of snow events of varying levels of accumulations. This year? A foot of snow each time, it seems. While watching the news this morning, I learned that our current snowfall for the season so far is only ten inches less than the average for an entire winter. And we still have a solid two months of the snow season left to go. Have fun, skiers...

3. I should say, though, that I was lucky enough to shovel none of yesterday's snowy, slushy mess. I cooked dinner (spaghetti squash with chicken/tomato/red wine sauce - yum) while Monsieur Fantastic cleared out the driveway. Seriously, how lucky am I?

4. He's also fantastic for knowing exactly what type of flowers I'd appreciate (pretty, simple, not extravagant) and surprising me with the same:



Yay.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just-because-it's-thursday flowers are the best kind. Go team!

craftosaurus said...

Indeed! :D