Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Holy caught-off-guard, Batman!

I have no exciting knitting updates for you. Mystery Project 1 is still unflattering, still cowering in a corner of my dresser and awaiting its imminent demise, to be reincarnated as a wearable garment made with a pattern. Mystery Project 2 is still in that long, painful stretch of mindlessness (after the armhole shaping but before the collar. ugh.) that causes one to simultaneously want to keep working so one can get to the fun part again, already, and also to throw up one's hands in utter disgust and abandon it in favor of a project that's at the fun part already. The Lace Cardigan has recovered from the unfortunateness that was "ripping back 20 rows" (shudder), and I realized last week that I probably need to backtrack again, though to a much more manageable - and less demoralizing - degree. I thought I was being so slick with the increases I put in for shaping purposes. "Look at me, using increases in lace!" But as it turns out, I was just messing it up. Sigh.

But really, there are no exciting knitting updates to give you because the needles have been sitting idle for most of the past couple weeks. I've been too busy going hiking and going to dinner and the like, and just generally being swept off my feet. I know! I'm in disbelief, too!

No comments: