Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sleepy, Sneezy, and Happy

I appear to be allergic to something that's been in the air lately. I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, like I'm "allergic" to work or "allergic" to mainstream media political coverage or anything like that. Rather, literally, I've been sneezy and sniffly and congested - and it's been waking me up at night, which is ever so lovely, and has been causing the sleepiness.

Notwithstanding the above, it's been a pretty good week. I put in about 5 hours of my best construction efforts (ha!) volunteering with Habitat for Humanity on Saturday. I learned that I'm not very good at hammering nails, but that using an electric drill is within my capabilities. Good to know.

I've had sushi for dinner - always the mark of a good week - and a cup of the best hot chocolate you ever did see. Also got to catch up with a dear friend and give her a birthday present that appeared to be a hit (yay!). Went to an event where one of the most intelligent, successful, inspiring, and all-around quality people from my state gave a brief but wonderful speech. Annnd, I get to look forward to hiking this weekend (weather permitting) with nice people.

Knitting-wise, I've been distracted by the lace cardigan I linked to in my last post, so the two items I'm working on as new designs have been languishing for a while. But there's been definite progress on the cardigan (lace is so FUN, with all the yarn-overs turning into a pattern as you proceed), and the new knitty is up, with a couple of things that have gone directly to my Must Knit list.

All of the above = happy.

But wait, there are four more dwarves, right? Hmmm. Grumpy? That was last week. Dopey? Still feeling the learning curve at work, but hopefully not THAT much. Doc? Um, no (unless my wearing glasses is enough of a parallel). And Bashful? Well, yes, actually, I guess I have been. But mostly sleepy, sneezy, and happy.

No comments: