Friday, August 1, 2008

Smaller scale rant

My cell phone appears to be broken. Which is to say, regardless of whether it's easily fixable, it ain't workin' right now. When I push the power button, it sputters and makes several valiant attempts, but ultimately gives up. In the past when the phone's been wonky, I've seen it brought back to its former glory through removal and replacement of the battery, so I figured that's what I'd try. Well, I would if I could get the battery cover off, anyway. I've even gone to the Verizon/Motorola website to make sure the battery-cover-removal button is what I think it is. Yup. The battery cover just happens to be permanently fused to the rest of the phone, is all. [Note: this, clearly, is not true, as I've seen others remove the battery cover in the past, as I said above.] Suffice it to say, I can't get the *&!# cover off my phone to try and reset it. At the very least, I'll be without phonage through the end of the work day. Not a huge deal, but annoying. And it goes without saying that a trip to the Verizon store was NOT on the list of Things I Want To Use My Precious Weekend Hours For. (I know, preposition at the end of the sentence. Don't care right now.)

No comments: