Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gettin' back to my roots...

Once upon a time, I used to blog about knitting, didn't I? The garden and the baking and the general life commentary are all well and good, but I'm a knit blogger in my heart of hearts.

I currently have two projects going, but they're both new designs, so I'm keeping them supah-secret in case I'm sufficiently pleased with them to write up patterns and submit them for publication. I think I may need to cast on for a third project, if only to have something knitting-related to post about consistently.

Oh, right, and the Frock Camisole is technically finished. I say "technically" because it doesn't fit *quite* right, and I'm trying to decide whether that would be fixed by adding a few rows to the straps, or blocking, or neither. You might end up with yet another garment-on-hanger picture in the interim (or if I fail at all my readjustment attempts).

Anyway, so a new project is in order. I have 400 grams (a rough estimate) of fingering weight wool to use up, and I'm contemplating (a) to what extent that limits the type of garment I can knit before running out of yarn, and (b) whether I should knit something designed to be layered over something else, to keep itchiness to a minimum. Pattern suggestions are welcome!

No comments: