Friday, October 5, 2007

Sweater in Pieces


Here's a shot of the first finished piece of my I-Think-It'll-Be-A-Hoodie sweater. It's the back of the sweater, and the center stitches are on a circ to be used later to knit the hood. I also have the front knit to a few inches past where the armholes start, but I figured a picture of that would be pointless, because it looks pretty much like the back.

This is the first sweater I've knit in a long time that's going to require a lot of seaming. I've been knitting everything in the round (hurrah! no side seams!) but I needed size 3 needles to get the right gauge for this project, and I only have size 3 straight needles, no circs. I'm pondering whether I want to force myself to learn how to do mattress stitch to seam this sweater, or whether I should keep on keepin' on with my standard "eh, just do some sort of running stitch and it'll be fine" method.

Oh, in other news, I passed the bar exam. I don't think I've posted about that here yet, but I screamed it from the proverbial rooftops, so you've probably already heard.

No comments: