The verdict is in, and the green cotton pullover will in fact have a hood. AND, in the context of knitting the hood, I learned how to do a three needle bind-off! Hurrah! Any time I can minimize seaming, that's a good, good thing. And the side seams have been done for a week or so now, so I won't have to trudge through them when the sweater is *soclose* to being wearable. Just the sleeve seams, which were not knit in the round because, well, I dislike dpns even more than I dislike seaming.
I've also cast on for a new project: Candy from knitty... a couple years ago? It's the pink wide-necked cardigan with cranberry vertical stripes around the waist, but I'm knitting it in green and orange, 'cause that's what I've got that needs to be used up. And I'm knitting it as a pullover with an ON-the-shoulder neckline, 'cause I'm defiant like that and refuse to knit projects without modifications... also because I'm concerned that a button band will be all bunchy and bulgy and nobody likes that. The goal is for a sweater that's as flattering as possible.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment