Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I just hope I don't have to shovel tomorrow.

Here in New England, we had spring-like weather (approaching summer-like, even) while it was still technically winter.  Spring has officially arrived on the calendar, but this week we've had cold temperatures and bracing winds.  The forecast for tomorrow includes snow.

Sorry, folks.  This may be my fault. 

I may have gotten carried away and brought the wrath of Murphy's Law down on all of us northeasterners.  I planted radish, carrot, and kale seeds in the garden last week.  Basil, cucumber, and butternut squash seeds went in peat pots and are sitting in a south facing windowsill.

Over the weekend, my husband's seven year old niece came over and we planted zinnias, marigolds, peppers, broccoli, radishes, and rainbow chard for her to bring home.  I'm hoping to get some updates on her plants, because I'm interested to find out what happens when you plant vegetable seeds all mixed together, and when you pour an entire seed packet of marigolds into one four-inch pot.

I'm crossing my fingers that what happens is you get a whole lot of marigolds.

2 comments:

Andria Crowjoy said...

Your niece!! How wonderful!

The flowers will likely outcompete the veg seeds, and yes, the marigolds will probably be a little forest. They should pull apart fairly well though, so they plants can go in at proper distance. :D

I'm biding my time before planting much by being a garden know it all. :)

craftosaurus said...

I love that you're a garden know it all!

And yes, time with our niece was wonderful. :D