This is the best weekend I've had in a long time.
Saturday morning, The Awesome Husband came home from being out for a few hours to find me in a whirlwind of productivity. I'd washed dishes and laundry, swept the house, cleaned all the surfaces in the refrigerator, taken out the trash, started dinner marinating, and made a batch of pancakes. (When I noted that I hadn't yet had coffee, his response was "... I'm scared." It probably was a tad overwhelming.)
I did manage to tone it down for most of the rest of the weekend. We spent time with friends, and I got to dance (dancing, for me, pretty much guarantees a good weekend). We watched quite a bit of TV. We braved today's 35 degree weather and our lack of proper training to run a 5k.
Amazingly, it wasn't until noon today, Sunday, that it hit me, why my essentially ordinary -- productive, pleasant, but not extraordinary -- weekend has been filling me with so much joy: it's the first weekend in a while that I haven't put in any time at work.
Hmm, perhaps there's a correlation, eh?

No comments:
Post a Comment