There's no picture to go with today's post. I had a great opportunity for an interesting photo this afternoon, but I missed it. There were several ducks snacking on puddles of slush next to the running trail I was on. They were the kind with rich, vibrant greens and blues on their feathers -- mallards, perhaps -- and they were clearly accustomed to people, barely batting an eye when I passed with three feet of them. I bet they would have posed quite nicely for a photo.
I didn't have a camera or my phone with me, though. It's ok, though: it's because, like I mentioned in passing there, I was running.
Outside.
In February.
It was pretty great. 43 degrees, overcast, and just barely warm enough for standing still. After a couple minutes of running, it was perfect. Other than one little stretch of shaded ground, the trail and sidewalks were ice-free.
I do like this non-winter we're having.

No comments:
Post a Comment