Monday, August 10, 2009

Knitting and gardening and day-trips, oh my!

Whoooo boy, that post on flowers apparently depleted all of my introspective wit and eloquence. Today, you'll have to deal with scattered randomness.

- The Mrs. Darcy cardigan is maddeningly close to being done. I mean, the ends are even woven in. It's blocking right now, so I have to wait for it to dry, then sew on the buttons. I'm so excited to wear it. (Fingers crossed for a stray cold day in the next few weeks.)

- Watermelon is the best ever. Have you noticed? Yum and a half. On a somewhat related note, the watermelon plants in the garden are doing well-ish. So far it looks like one of the dozens of flowers on the vines has an itty bitty watermelon growing under it. It's super cute, about a centimeter across, and already stripey. Who knows whether it'll ever be edible. Probably not if the summer continues in this cold and un-sunny fashion. (Err, strike that weather request above. I can wait to wear the new sweater.)

- Mr. Awesome was extra awesome this weekend. We set out for a bit of a picnic and hike (well, hike-ette) at the local wooded-island-reachable-via-causeway (why yes, we ARE super lucky to live where we live), and the gatekeeper staff person there was a bundle of negativity and inexplicable fury, directed specifically at me. We left and found another locale for lunch instead. On our way home, Mr. Awesome decided to take a detour back to the island to (calmly, rationally) talk to Ol' Crankypants about why he'd treated me so poorly. I don't think the message really, really got through, but I was pleased to've voiced our concerns rather than squelching them as would a doormat, and Mr. Awesome adamantly wanting to "fix" it for me was lovely to see.

No comments: