Thursday, August 20, 2009

If you were a plant...

...what kind of plant would you be?

This question brought to you courtesy of a conversation I had with My Favorite Man the other day over dinner. We were eating yummy but thoroughly inauthentic mexican food.

MFM: I think black beans might be my favorite kind of bean.
Me: *blink* Okayyy...
MFM (earnestly): Do you have a favorite kind of bean?
Me: *uncontrollable laughter* Thank you so much for not asking me that on our first date.

Honestly, it would've changed the entire trajectory of our relationship. Or, more specifically, there's the distinct possibility that it would have severely shortened the trajectory of our relationship. With this far superior timing, though, we ate dinner and had a fun conversation about bad first date questions.

"If you were a plant, what kind of plant would you be?" definitely qualifies. But, yes, I'll admit it, the thought occurred to me while I was watering the garden this morning that I'm becoming more like (am trying to be more like?) a watermelon plant. In some respects, anyway. In the wildly healthy, unapologetic, "oh, I'll take over the whole yard if you'll let me" sort of sense. Not as much in the "looks impressive but really has not much to show for it" sense, though.

But yes, I'm apparently feeling a yearning to take the world by storm these days. Or "by vine," if you will. This is new and different. But fun.

No comments: