Thursday, December 11, 2008

Impatient

So that yarn order that's being shipped? That was projected to arrive on Thursday? The FedEx tracking page shifted it to Friday, then Saturday. And according to the status log, my yarn has been hangin' out at the FedEx facility in Northborough, Massachusetts for the past three days. That's just great. I mean, thankfully, this isn't destined for holiday gifting, and goodness knows I've got enough yarn and projects to keep me busy until, oh, 2012, but I want the new yarn, already! Much pouting and stomping of feet.

Honestly, though, immaturity aside, there's no point in being upset about the yarn delay, because I won't have time to use it even remotely soon. Today after work, there's a gathering with Mr. Terrific (he's not really a "New" Guy anymore so the acronym doesn't really work, and I shall henceforth be using any and all silly, random, complimentary monikers for him) and some of his friends. Tomorrow after work is the annual Family Tree Decoration Fest & Singalong (yes, really). Saturday, we've got assorted errands and house projects and holiday prep and and and, followed by a date night involving dinner out and catching some live music. Sunday's plan invovles more of the holiday/errand craziness, tree acquisition and decorating chez Monsieur Terrific, and probably lots of mug-fulls of cocoa and cider and the like. Mmmm. Annnnd a birthday dinner for Senor Terrific (details omitted for element of surprise purposes). He's chosen spice cake, so add "bake and decorate a spice cake" in there somewhere, although that'll be fun, too.

Oh, also, trips to the gym. Yes. And sleeping. So, really, no time to knit with new yarn, anyway (she said begrudgingly).

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend.

You could knit on the treadmill... (shortcake)