Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I *heart* long weekends.

It's a Wednesday, but it feels like a Tuesday because the real Tuesday was the Monday of the week, Columbus Day having turned the real Monday into an extra Sunday.

You still with me?

Anyway, yes, I was one of the lucky few who had Monday off for Columbus Day (although, fear not, I'll be cursing the other Lucky Few when I sit at my desk on Veterans' Day). That third day is key, I tell you, KEY. There was much sleeping and cooking and knitting of sweaters and watching of movies. And there was apple picking! While there are no actual apples in this picture, the leaves are leaves on an apple tree in the middle of an apple orchard, I promise.


So I just have to get through this Wednesday-that-feels-like-a-Tuesday, then a Thursday-that-feels-like-a-Friday (because it will. you know it will...), then a Friday-that-feels-a-thousand-hours-long, and I'll find myself in another long weekend, because I'm using some vacation time at the beginning of next week. Hooray, long weekends!

In the category of Various and Sundry Other Things to Post About Quickly, I've reached the end of the yarn on the Lace Cardigan. I'll need to rip out the unfinished sleeve caps, for sure, and possibly a fair amount of the sleeves themselves, because I don't think there will be enough yarn to get to a 3/4 length. The alternative, in my mind, will have to be cap sleeves, as sleeves to the elbow just don't sound like they'd be a pretty sight.

Also, debate tonight. Save for the feeling that I could fall asleep any second and the fact that I've still got hours of wakefulness to conquer, I'm really excited!

No comments: